CONJURE UP A NEW ADVENTURE!
EXPANSIVE NEW FACILITY
We offer Bouldering, Auto Belay, Top Rope, Lead, Youth Teams, Instructional Classes, Fitness Room.
Book your session online for Bouldering or Roped climbing. Sessions are 2-hrs at a time. No deposit. Unlimited bookings daily.
Each session holds 15 bouldering spots and 30 roped climbing spots.
Face masks must be worn at all times in the facility.
Whether it's your very first time climbing or it's been awhile, we're glad you chose
First things first,
Everyone entering the facility, whether they are climbing or not, will need to fill out a waiver.
Next, determine what type of climbing (roped or bouldering) and what gear will be required.
Bouldering is climbing on low structures without the use of ropes, though usually with spotters and crash pads. This type of climbing usually has shorter sequences and requires more gymnastic type movement.
Warning: Every fall while bouldering results in a ground fall.
Auto belays are automatic belay devices that takes up the slack as a climber ascends the climbing wall. When the climber reaches the top and lets go, or falls, the Auto Belay immediately arrestes the fall and lets the climber descend to the ground safely and automatically.
All you need is an orientation before using. You do not need to take a belay class.
Top rope climbing (or top roping) is a style in climbing in which the climber is securely attached to a rope which then passes up, through an anchor system at the top of the climb, and down to a belayer at the foot of the climb.
Belayers must be ages 14 & up and preform a test out in order to belay.
Lead climbing is a more advanced climbing style. It requires you to clip into protection as you climb, to protect you against a fall. You are setting the rope as you climb, nothing is already set up as with Top rope climbing.
Lead climbing/belaying is not available as of this time.
What do I need to wear?
You should wear clothes that are comfortable to move around in. Our wall have a harsh grit on them, so it is a good idea to wear long pants and sleeves. We provide the shoes and other gear that you’ll need to ascend the walls.
Are there any age restrictions?
There are no age restrictions to climb. We have found that kids around the age of 4-6 tend to have the basic abilities to navigate the walls, but every kid varies. It's always worth a try!
Do I need any experience?
An indoor climbing gym is a perfect environment to learn and expose yourself to the world of rock climbing. We have developed the walls for all levels of climbers, from the first timers, to the extreme experienced. We offer intro classes to get you started, and our knowledgeable staff would be more than happy to answer any of your questions. Come give it a try!
Do I need to take a class?
You are not required to take a class in order to climb. However, you must gain proficiencies before you are allowed to climb. Here is what you’ll need:
- Bouldering orientation (going over rules and risks) ~5min.
- First time:
- Auto belay orientation (going over rules and how to use device) ~5min.
- Following visit:
- Auto belay test out (showing us you understand how to use device) ~2min.
- 14 & up must have a top rope belay proficiency to climb on top rope.
- Unless they are a member of Alchemy’s youth teams.
- Belayer must pass a test out. Test outs are free and can be done anytime during hours. ~15min
- We offer top rope belay classes.
- Under 14 can only climb on top rope with a certified belayer.
- 17 & up must have a proficiency in lead climbing, lead belaying, or both.
- Unless they are a member of Alchemy’s youth teams or USA climbing Youth B.
- Belayer must pass a lead belay test out. Test outs are free but must be booked during available times.
- We offer lead climbing/belaying classes.
- Certifications include:
- Lead Climb Only (must pass a lead climb test out)
- Lead Belay Only (must pass a lead belay test out)
- Lead Climb/Belay (must pass both lead belay and climbing test out)
What is belaying?
Belaying - to control a rope that a climber is attached to and keep it tight, so that if the climber falls, they do not fall very far.
A belay device is a piece of climbing equipment that improves belay safety for the climber by allowing the belayer to manage their duties with minimal physical effort. Belay devices are designed to allow a person to easily arrest a climber's fall with maximum control, while avoiding twisting, heating or severely bending the rope.